From September 2011 thru early 2013, I was heavily involved with Occupy Wall Street (OWS) as a founding member of the Drum Circle, the GuitArmy and more. OWS Chronicles is a web-series I compiled using my own footage, and stuff I found online. It documents my experiences with the protest movement during that time.
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) Chronicles
I'll be re-uploading the actual series here soon. In the meantime, please check out the Youtube links, as well as an exclusive set of over 200 photos below. The pics are organized chronologically and will give you a great look at what was going on!
You'll also find a list of OWS news articles below which quote or use pictures of me. The links are broken right now but soon you'll be able to read the entire article.
OWS Youtube Videos
OWS Photo Gallery (click images to enlarge)
References in mainstream media articles
- MSNBC - Wall Street protesters target NY cops next - Featured in the accompanying picture to this article which was later scrubbed. (9/29/2011)
- NY Observer - "Zombies" Occupy Wall Street - Featured in one of the pictures, not sure if it was taken during the actual "zombie" march (10/4/2011)
- WNYC - Occupy Wall Street Continues to Grow in Fourth Week - This is a radio interview I did during the Occupy protests. (The Takeaway, 10/10/2011)
- AMNY - Wall Street protesters say they're fed up with irresponsible outsiders - Brendan is interviewed and featured in the picture with Occupy drummers. (10/23/2011)
- Gothamist - Occupy Wall Street To Request 4-Hour Drumming Schedule - Several pics of Brendan playing with the Occupy drum circle were used here (10/25/2011)
- NY Observer - Occupy Wall Street's Drum Circle Appeals to Community Board - A pic of Brendan Hunt from 10/4/2011 (see below) is reused for this article. (10/25/2011)
- Huffington Post - Occupy Wall Street Gets A Vote Of Approval - Brendan Hunt is pictured in this article with the Occupy Wall Street drum circle (10/26/2011)
- NY Daily News - At Occupy Wall Street central, a rift is growing - Brendan Hunt and the Occupy drummers are featured in the picture to this article. (10/30/2011)
- UK Metro - Pictures: Occupy Wall St. cleared - Brendan Hunt is featured in this photo immediately after being tossed out of Zuccotti Park by the police (11/15/2011)
- Occupy Bloomberg 24-hour Drum Circle Protest - Covered by media outlets worldwide, Hunt appeared on the cover of the NY Daily News the next day (11/20/2011)
- The Media Paints a Distorted Portrait of Occupy Wall Street - This blog article by College of Mount Saint Vincent Occupies Wall St. interviews Brendan Hunt (12/11/2011)
- OWS Christmas is salute to diversity - “'I’m not a strict Christian but I do believe that there was a guy named Jesus and he came with a message similar to what we are talking about with his flipping over the [tables] of the money-changers,' said Brendan Hunt of Queens, who attended the event before attending a family celebration." (Downtown Express, 12/28/2011)
- NY Daily News - Occupy Wall Street in 'winter hibernation' - Brendan Hunt is interviewed and featured in the accompanying photograph (01/17/2012)
- Four Arrests at Zuccotti Park As "Occupy Guitarmy" March Reaches NYC - "The peaceful song-making came to an end when police took some drummers to the edge of the park, and 'without a warning, handcuffed one guy' ...Brendan Hunt, 28, is charged with resisting arrest, trespassing, and disorderly conduct." (Gothamist.com, 07/12/2012) All charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. This incident was also covered in the NY Times, the Huffington Post, Democracy Now, and Associated Press.
- RT - Protesters join homeless at "Romneyville" - Brendan Hunt is seen playing the drum for about 5 seconds in this news clip (8/29/2012)
- Tampa Bay Times - Protesters and Tampa police have peaceful RNC week - Two articles which quote Brendan Hunt at the Republican National Convention protest (8/30/12)
- Tampa Bay Online - Protesters go toe-to-toe with delegates as RNC lets out - Brendan Hunt is quoted in the article. He was also featured in a Tampa Bay Times article (8/31/2012)
- Breitbart.com - Occupiers Chase Down Attendees leaving the RNC - Video of Brendan Hunt telling an RNC delegate "You're on the wrong side of history." (9/1/2012)
- Exposing the Occupy Money Cooperative and the Subversion of a Movement - "Occupy Wall Street whistleblower [Brendan Hunt] exposes the individuals who are co-opting the Occupy community to serve their own partisan political and financial agendas. The evidence shows these groups are directly linked to George Soros, the U.S. State Department, al-Qaeda affiliated terrorist networks, the Federal Reserve and much more." (Investment Watch Blog, 8/5/2013) Check out my follow-up video report here
- Police Arrest Vietnam Veterans at NYC Memorial - This article references my twitter account post: "#Veterans arrested at #NYC #Vietnam #Memorial now, ppl singing 'which side are you on?' fallen vets names being read pic.twitter.com/qyKQfHCGfk" (Atlantic Wire, 10/7-10/8, 2013)
- Reuters - Protesters hold signs outside the Egypt Consulate office in New York - Featured playing the drum in this photograph (8/7/2014)
- Press TV - Protesters in New York urge Egypt to open Rafah border crossing - Shown several times in this news clip (8/8/2014)